Company Name: Vodafone
Job Profile: Graduate Trainee (GT) Program
Job Role: Trainee
Experience:0 to 18 Months
Degree Needed: BCA/BCS
Desired Candidate Profile
- BCA/BCS from recognized institutions.
- Consistent strong academics(10th, 12th, graduation).
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Applied thinking
- High energy and drive
After onboarding, Trainees (GTs) are taken through structured classroom training on the requisite technical and behavioral skills for the first two months of their tenure.
- Post the formal training completion, GTs are placed in service lines within the Technology Shared Services organization, where they start undergoing on the job training before subsequently getting absorbed in live project roles.
- Project allocation is done primarily based on the business requirements (which also drive the type of technology training provided), and individual trainee’s aptitude as well as performance during formal training.
- Broadly speaking, the roles that GTs get to play on live projects could be in any of the following areas – Application Operations, Application Development, Testing, Infrastructure Management, etc.
- At the end of one-year completion, based on an anniversary performance review, GTs are confirmed as Executive (I band) in the organization
- Understand requirements, prepare test cases and conduct test execution.
- Understand test strategy, test plan and contribute in executing the test strategy, plan.
- Create a traceability matrix between requirements and testing artifacts and ensure optimum test coverage.
- Support in preparing test data.
- Identify, log defects and retest the defects.
- Support in peer reviews Infrastructure Management.
- Monitoring, Administration, Troubleshooting of critical underlying IT Infrastructure such as servers, Storage, Database.
- Configuration, Fine-tuning of IT systems.
- Coordinate and implement Changes in the technology environment including Datacenters.
- Performing Backup and Restoration of critical data in a complex environment.
- Schedule and monitor Services / Jobs.