Breast cancer is a cancer that forms in the breast. Breast cancer became most common in women these days. It can occur in men also, however, it is most common in women. Breast cancer is mostly detected in the final stage as women do not take initial detection tests. Some because of shyness, and few as they feel uncomfortable and feared of taking these tests. This results in the removal of the breast after treatment.
Causes of Breast Cancer:
- Drinking alcohol
- Having never been pregnant
- Having your first child at an older age
- Late menopause
- Early Menarche
- Radiation exposure
- Avoiding breastfeeding for infants
Early detection of breast cancer:
Early detection of breast cancer or timely examinations of Breast is considered as one of the prevention measures that we can take. Girls from age of 20 after they start their menstruation cycle are suggested to undergo a timely examination of the breast at least twice the movie year.
The process of examination of the breast is called MAMMOGRAM.
It is mostly available in towns and cities these days. The process of Mammograms
is the same as the X-ray.
- The patient’s breast will be placed on a clear plastic platform.
- Another plastic plate is pressurized from the top to make the breast flat.
- The lab technician takes the films of the Mammogram.
- The procedure is continued until the entire breast is covered.
- It is not a painful process but, causes some discomfort due to the pressure
applied to the breast.
- These Mammogram reports are to be submitted to the doctor for further procedures.
Any changes or any cancer cells in the breast can be found out easily by this Mammogram. Continue to get mammograms according to recommended time intervals. Mammograms work best when they can be compared with previous ones. This allows the radiologist to compare them to look for changes in your breasts.
Girls between the ages group 20- 27 yrs try taking Mammogram examinations at least once in a year and women from age group 30-50yrs are suggested to take Mammogram tests twice in a year.
Breast cancer can be detected at an early stage by self-examination of breast. Check regularly for any discharge from the nipple or any dimpling of the skin on the breast. Palpate the breast and armpits for any irregularities in shape or lumps and report to the doctor immediately.
Natural & Home Precautions for avoiding breast cancer:
- Avoid exposure to radiation and environmental pollution
- Limit usage of Contraceptive pills & Periods stopping pills.
- Reduce the weight and manage BMI
- Breast-Feeding with proper hygiene
- Regular periods – for which you have to maintain the diet and exercise daily
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid smoking
- Especially timely, Mammograms.
- Avoid fast food.