Here we are going to mention the most asked interview questions in Infosys collected from past batches who have attended the interview process. Read them and analyze whether you can answer them or not.
INFOSYS – SYSTEM ENGINEER ROLE
Infosys System Engineer role is specially designated to hire freshers. This role is entry-level in Infosys. Based on the qualification you will be designated to a role. System Engineer in Infosys performs the role of a developer, tester, technical support, and maintenance. Degree students may be hired for the Technical support role, Non-IT students may be hired for the tester and maintenance role and People who are good at coding will be taken into the development side.
Degree students may be asked only C programming and the interviewer will be testing their communication skills. Non-IT Btech students will be questioned on their project, C language and if you have mentioned JAVA or Python, they will ask some in-depth questions. For CSE/IT students the level will be high. They may question you on DBMS, SQL, and core concepts of JAVA or Python.
Once you got selected, the company will train you on JAVA & Python and then take you into a project. The training will be very good and you will gain a very good knowledge of these topics. Interview questions will be based on what you have mentioned in the resume.
If you have mentioned only C and performed well in that, you will be placed and may be trained in testing. If you are good at JAVA and mentioned that in the resume and if you performed really well, then you might be picked for the role of developer.
If you are an ECE student and have good knowledge of networking, you may be questioned on it and you will be given some other role. It varies from person to person.
Finally, stress on your project. Learn everything regarding that. Sometimes you may not be asked any questions on programming and maybe hired only based on your project. So, work on your project,
INFOSYS – PREVIOUS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Tell me about OOPS concepts in JAVA with examples
- Tell me about Normalisation in DBMS
- Sorting techniques in Data Structures
- Explain about stacks, queues, and linked lists
- Difference between single linked lists and double linked lists
- Tell me about Data Definition Language
- What are common DDL statements
- Programs on implementation of POINTERS in C
They may ask you to rate yourself in C, JAVA, C++, PYTHON (answer politely and carefully)
If you say you are good at C, you can expect these questions:
- Why is C a procedural language
- Why will you use stdio.h before the program
- What is data encapsulation
- What do you mean by access specifiers
- Print factorial of a number using recursion
- Addition of two matrices
- Convert decimal to octal
- Explain about pointers and a program on it
- What do you mean by dangling pointer variable
- Difference between calloc() and malloc()
- Where will we use break control statements
- Can we get the output of a C program without main()
- What are nested structures
- What is an array
- What is Null character
- How is a function declared in C language
- What is the syntax of dynamic memory allocation
- Difference between call by value and call by reference
- Difference between getch() and getche()
- Write a program to swap two numbers without using third variable
- What is a bubble sort algorithm
When you tell you are comfortable with JAVA, they may ask you these
- Why JAVA is not completely Objective oriented?
- Why Pointers are not used in JAVA
- What is JIT compiler
- Why string is immutable in JAVA
- What is marker interface
- Can you override a private or static method in JAVA why?
- Does “finally” always execute in JAVA
- Methods that Object Class have?
- Difference between serialisation and externalisation in JAVA (for CSE & IT)
- How to override default serialisation(CSE/IT)
- Difference between checked and unchecked exceptions (CSE/IT)
- Overloading vs Overriding
Some Common Questions that can be expected for CSE/IT
- Do you know about Database?
- Do you know about SQL
- Do you know something about Python
- What are UNIX & DOS
- What is pre-processor in C
- Difference between C/C++/JAVA/PYTHON
If you say you are good at Python, expect these questions
- What is Python
- Advantages of Python
- What is PEP 8?
- What do you mean by Python literals
- Explain Python Functions
- What is Python zip() functions
- What is Parameters passing mechanisms in Python?
- How to overload constructors or methods in Python
- What is web scrapping
- File related libraries/methods in Python
- Different file processing modes supported by Python
- Operators in Python
- What is used to create unicode in Python
- Explain how Python is interpreted
Core Concepts in JAVA to Prepare:
- Diamond Problem
- Static vs Dynamic Binding
- Association vs Dependency
The Technical round interviewer asks you what you have mentioned in your resume. So, don’t fake the resume with languages that you don’t know. In most of the cases for a non-IT student, they may ask you to explain your project. DATA STRUCTURES are key for any interview. I am stressing again DATA STRUCTURES will decide your fate in the technical round. Don’t mess up while answering. Simply say “no” if you can.t answer them. Do not irritate the interviewer with irrelevant answers
Hope we have covered everything here. Please comment if we missed something.
ALL THE BEST
FOLLOW US IN TELEGRAM: https://t.me/joinchat/Sgb8UQrGzYFDLAQG
Follow me at Instagram: @krishna_talkz
Our Mail id: [email protected]