The hunt for a job for freshers starts with the preparation of a resume. But, believe me, it occupies almost 50% importance in fetching you the job. Here in this article, I will be sharing the basic things considered while preparing a resume, mistakes that you shouldn’t do, format of the resume.
Basic Things To Remember:
- The resume should be short and simple. Should not exceed 2 pages.
- A resume should not have any heading. It should have a header that should contain your personal details like name, email id, and phone number.
- Your academics should be mentioned in descending order. (Paina nunchi kindaki)
- Just mention your bachelor, Intermediate, and 10th class details.
- Mention your achievements in descending order. For example, did something in 1st year…2nd year….3rd year, and so on.
- Use a new roman font size between 10 & 12
- Mention your project (both major and mini). Write a brief introduction to a major project. Do not exceed more than 2 to 3 lines.
Never Make These Mistakes While Preparing a Resume:
- First thing first, never bluff. Present what you did.
- Do not paste your passport size photo on your resume.
- Do not put silly hobbies. They may ask you unanswerable questions.
- Keep editing and updating your resume. If you are going to an IT interview, your objective should resemble it. If you are going to a core job interview, your objective should change.
- Take a print of both the resumes.
Perfect Resume Format:
- Header: Name, email, phone number, roll number (not mandatory)
- Career Objective
- Educational qualifications: Include aggregate, college/school names
- Technical skills
- Internships, Project
- Personal details: Name, DOB, Father’s name, Languages known
- References (Not mandatory)
Don’t worry if your resume is just 1 page. It can be 1 page but, should not exceed 2 pages.
All the Best
Mail us for any queries: [email protected]